This month a series of updates took place, including the addition of new models, new vehicle data, plus a range of feature enhancements, as part of the product’s ongoing development to continually reflect the demands of a modern workshop.
- 51 new models were added, including: Renault Megane III (08-16), Mercedes-Benz GL-Class (12-16), Kia Sorrento (15-16), BMW 2 Series Cabriolet (15)
- 946 vehicle updates occurred on new models, with information obtained directly from vehicle manufacturers
- 681 vehicle updates occurred on existing models, including: key programming, repair times, service schedules, TPMS and wiring diagrams
The following features were introduced or modified to improve user experience and increase workshop efficiency.
New search feature for technical specifications
To save our users more time, we have made the information easier to find on the Technical Specification page by adding search functionality. This new search functionality will work similarly to others in the product, initially a suggested drop down results list will appear as you type, and when the title of the information required by the user is selected, the page will highlight the relevant section of the page. The bar also remains ‘sticky’ at the top of the page so additional searches can be carried out easily.
Improved VRM searches
We’ve made some improvements to the VRM and vehicle ID lookups including a ‘spinner’, which appears while the user waits for the lookup to find the right vehicle.
During the coming months, Autodata will continue to make further updates to enhance the user experience and ensure subscribers are always receiving the latest technical information and innovative features:
- New module for changing brakes
- Enhanced search functionality
- New models and vehicle updates
- New known fixes and bulletins
- New service schedules