As part of the product’s on-going development to continually reflect the demands of a modern workshop, a series of updates took place including the addition of new models, new vehicle data, plus a range of feature enhancements.
- 38 new models were added, including Audi Q3 (15-17), BMW i3(16-17), Kia Sportage (16-17), Toyota Landcruiser (15-17), Volkswagen Golf VII Wagon (16-17)
- 582 vehicle updates occurred on new models, with information obtained directly from vehicle manufacturers, including key programming, repair times, service schedules, TPMS and wiring diagrams.
- 465 vehicle updates occurred on existing models, with information obtained directly from vehicle manufacturers, including key programming, repair times, service schedules, TPMS and wiring diagrams
New feature enhancements
The following features were introduced or modified to improve the user experience and increase workshop efficiency.
DPF filter additive top-up now available in service summary
Users are now able to quickly identify how often the diesel particulate filter (DPF) additive needs to be topped up during service operations, by accessing the Service Summary module.
Renovation of DTC module
This month, the first phase of the Diagnostic Trouble Code module renovation was completed. The DTC module has been redesigned to enhance the user’s experience. It enables technicians to locate the information they need quicker and easier. The next phases of the DTC module renovation will introduce new features that will improve diagnostics, by clearly identifying the probable causes of DTCs and highlighting known fixes for trouble codes in specific vehicles.
Further navigation enhancements to wiring diagram module
After its significant overhaul last month, further enhancements to wiring diagrams have been made to make them even more user-friendly. As well as the ability to effortlessly scrolling across diagrams, users can find specific components quicker and easier as they are now listed in alphabetical order in the component search bar.
Enhanced performance and security
Significant changes have been made behind the scenes, to improve the performance, stability, and security of our online workshop tool as a part of Autodata’s ongoing development. This ensures that the product works consistently and effectively for all technicians, providing the information they need when it’s needed.
During the coming months, Autodata will continue to make further updates to enhance the user experience and ensure subscribers are always receiving the latest technical information and innovative features:
- Enhanced search functionality
- New models and vehicle updates
- New known fixes and bulletins
- New service schedules
- New assisted diagnostics feature