During July a series of updates took place on the Australian product, including the addition of new models, new vehicle data, plus a range of feature enhancements as part of the product’s development to continually reflect the demands of a modern workshop.
- 44 new models were added, including: BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (14), Holden XU6 (01-02), Holden Grange (99-00), Holden Maloo (02-03 / 07-08 / 09-11 / 14-15), Holden Avalanche (03-04), Holden Clubsport (13-14), Jeep Cherokee (14-15) and Kia Cerato (13-15)
- 863 vehicle updates occurred on new models, with information obtained directly from vehicle manufacturers.
- 317 vehicle updates occurred on existing models, including: key programming, repair times, service schedules, TPMS and wiring diagrams.
The following features were introduced or modified to improve the user experience and increase workshop efficiency:
Component search improvements
To assist users in locating the correct component on our interactive diagrams we have added a drop-down option to display the full list of available components. There is also now a ‘clear search’ function that allows users to clear the search bar with a single click.
Change engine option
Users can now easily switch between specific engines for a chosen manufacturer or model using the new ‘change engine’ option in the job folder. Once a new engine is selected the user will be returned to the page they were on.
Coloured wiring diagrams
The majority of models now feature interactive coloured wiring diagrams.
Print option on component pages
Users now have the option to print on the component pages in the same way they can on other parts of the web application.
Additional component images
We have added another 50 generic component images that will appear on interactive diagrams and component pages.
Service and component location illustrations have been upgraded to higher resolution images, providing users with greater detail and clarity.
During August, Autodata will continue to make further updates to enhance the user experience and ensure subscribers are always receiving the latest technical information and innovative features:
- New models and vehicle updates
- New known fixes and bulletins
- New interactive coloured wiring diagrams